Here is an overview of the technology tools we will be using in the classroom this year. I will coach you on all of these methods with the expectation that you will achieve independence in using them. As always, I am available for extra help or questions with each.
- Bring: bring your iPad to class every day
- Charge: make sure this has enough battery charge to work without needing a charger
- Cover: SHP requires that your device be covered
- Stylus: you will need a stylus
- Updated: your iOS and your apps should be completely updated
Required iPad Apps
- Sparkvue – LINK
- Notability – SHP Provided
- OneNote – LINK
- Dropbox – LINK
- QRC Elements – LINK
- Drive – LINK
- Sheets – LINK
- Docs – LINK
- PCalc – LINK
- Kindle – LINK
- Netflix (Just kidding)
- We will conduct a number of lab activities that utilize the digital lab equipment. Once trained, I will expect you to be able to use and troubleshoot the use of these devices.
- Of particular interest is the exporting of data from the device to other modes, such as your laptop (Excel) or your iPad
Remind – Texting Updates
- To enroll, send a text (see below) from your phone to (281) 725-6509
- Chemistry Honors = @qchemh
- AP Chemistry = @qchem
- Independent Research = @qresearch
- Many documents will flow through your Google Drive folder.
- Please make sure you know how to access these documents
- I will ask you to create / share / edit documents in this space
Submitting Digital Work
- All chapter/reading notes are submitted as a PDF to the school-provided service, Schoology
- Other work will be submitted in that way. This includes submitting work to Tunitin.com as well as Schoology for me to review and comment.
- For each class meeting, I will create a daily post on my own web site: soxteacher.com.
- The flexibility of posting and the open nature of this platform make it desirable as compared to other methods.
- That stated, the school asks me to use Schoology for this purpose. I will post a link to each daily post through Schoology so that you will see these in the same place as all of your other classes.
- There are a great many resources that are linked through my web site that I will highlight throughout the year.