CH05 – Gold Foil
- P4 – Wednesday, September 6th
- P5- Wednesday, September 6th
- P7- Wednesday, September 6th
- imagine the circle as the boundries of the atom
- the diameter of the nucleus would be 5mm
- we will use a ring stand (slightly bigger) to model
- we will use baseballs (MUCH BIGGER) to model alpha particles
- How often will we hit the nucleus?
- Students assigned roles
- Let’s keep track – how often?
- Matter is mostly?
Atomic Particles & PT
- protons / neutrons / electrons
- mass number = A (sum of protons and nuetrons)
- atomic number = Z (number of protons)
- charge = Q (difference between protons and electrons)
- table of organizing (worksheet in Drive)
- Finish Worksheet (Atomic Particles)
- Ch. 2 (67)