CH06 – Spectra
- P1 – Thursday, September 8th
- P3 – Friday, September 9th
- P5 – Friday, September 9th
- return homework – questions?
- activity on the Circle – thoughts?
- how do we know empty space? (Rutherford)
- how do we know levels? (lines)
Activity – Line Spectra
- funny glasses (look at light)
- spectroscope (explain)
- Spectroscope (look at light)
- circulate among four stations
- different tubes – different light
- sharing on what is seen
- how do we explain?
- electrons exists in levels
- give energy – jump up
- fall back down – emit energy
- lines happen when electrons return to lower level from higher level
- difference in energy = color of light seen
- subtracting E between levels tells you the color
- different elements = different energy levels = unique lines
- Chapter Notes: 7.1 – 7.4 (PDF to Schoology)