CH02 – What’s the Matter?
- P1 – Monday, August 29th
- P3 – Monday, August 29th
- P5 – Tuesday, August 30th
Class Business – Chapter Notes
- textbook usage (Kindle) and being in class
- notes should focus on key terms / examples of problems (if appropriate)
- only review sections indicated
- always typed – submitted as PDF (only) to Schoology
- never emailed
- most likely never more than two pages
New Material – Classification of Matter
- Key terms: solution, mixture, compound, element
- how do I know whether something is one thing or another?
- can I change from one form to another?
- grab “classification” sheet from Schoology
- define each term (your own words! no looking up!)
- categorize the following substances (milk, brass, aluminum, water, granola, love, paper, carbon dioxide, air, fire)
- add two substances to each category
- how can I change from one category to another?
- provide support
- Ch. 1/2 Notes
- Sections (1.10, 2.1 – 2.8)
- Different due dates depend upon class section – use Schoology