Chemistry Honors – Class 07
- Period A: Tuesday, January 19th
- Period B: Wednesday, January 20th
- Period F: Wednesday, January 20th
- lots of homework to return
Activity – Counting By Mass
- A – Count out 25 pieces of one item
- B – Determine the mass of these items
- C – Grab a handful of the same item (without counting)
- D – Find the mass of the handful
- E – Count number of items in the “handful” sample
- F – Record observations of each item
- Repeat for as many materials as possible
- G – Determine the mass of one item using A/B
- H – Predict the number of items in handful using G
- I – Compare H to E (percent error formula)
More Calculations (using calculation G)
- J – Determine the mass of one dozen items
- K – Determine the mass of one million items
- L – Determine how many items makes 1.000 kg
- M – Determine the mass of 1 mole of items (1 mole = 6.02 x 1023)
- N – Determine the moles of each item that are equivalent to 543 pieces
- How do I show my work in LNB?
- How do I show calculations in my LNB?
- How many examples do I need to show?
- What is a data table?
- What is a calculation table?
- Note – sample LNB format posted in Schoology
- Finish all work from the lab in the LNB (by next class meeting)