AP Chemistry – Class 29 & Class 30
- Monday, October 25th (practice)
- Tuesday, October 26th (exam)
- AP Formula Sheet / AP Periodic Table
- Class Calculator
- 10 M/C Questions
- 4 FR Questions
- Energy Levels & Spectra
- Electron Configurations and Orbital Diagrams
- Quantum Numbers
- Comparison of Atomic Properties
- Ch. 6 (27, 38, 53, 74)
- Ch. 7 (16, 26, 28, 37, 45, 93)
- Calculate the speed, wavelength and frequency of a wave.
- Apply quantum theory to calculate the energy of a wave.
- Describe the origin of emission line spectra.
- Calculate the energy, wavelength and frequency or spectral emission lines.
- Define and identify the four quantum numbers for any electron in an atom.
- Describe the properties of s, p, d and f orbitals using the four quantum numbers
- Write electron configuration for any atomic or ionic species.
- Show the connection between the table structure and electronic configuration.
- Identify the valence electrons of an atom and explain how isoelectronic species are related as a result
- Use the periodic table to predict trends in atomic properties: atomic size, ionization energy
- Identify the differences between first, second and third ionization energies and how these trends appear on the periodic table
- Explain the role of effective nuclear charge in explaining chemical properties
- Predict chemical properties using the group structure of the periodic table.
- Exam on Ch. 6 & Ch. 7 Tuesday (10/27)