Chemistry Honors – Class 13
What element is this?
- Period A: Thursday, September 17th
- Period B: Friday, September 18th
- Period F: Friday, September 18th
Activity – Line Spectra
- how do scientists know about electrons?
- what evidence do they have?
- spectrum tubes and power supplies
- how to use Spectrometers
- rotate among five stations
- briefly write / draw procedure / lab in iPad
- draw what you see (the data) on your iPad
- Be sure and label your results properly
- Describe what is common between the light from each tube
- Describe what is different between the light from each tube
- How is sunlight different in the light that is emitted?
- How might this be used in science or astronomy?
- notes: Chapter 7 (PDF to Schoology HW07) due Wednesday
- submit class work from this spectrum lab activity (PDF to Schoology LW04)