AP Chemistry – Class 02
Overview of Lab Process
- Lab Safety Exam (complete and upload)
- Lab Contract (sign and upload)
- Room Safety
- Lab Clothing
- Locating materials for the lab
- Lab Prep / Lab Reporting (see instructions – LINK)
- What is the Relationship Between the Concentration of a Solution and theAmount of Transmitted Light Through the Solution?
- What is the concentration of Blue Dye#1 in a sample of Blue Gatorade?
Theory Overview – Spectroscopy
- light / wavelengths / absorbance / Transmittance
- More information – LINK
Day 01 – Planning
- Read through the lab instructions
- Determine the central question being asked.
- What relationship is being examined?
- What specific answer is being sought?
- Plan the process of answering the lab questions
- how do I use a spectrometer?
- what tools will I use to analyze the data?
- Write a purpose, background theory, procedure and data section for the lab (LNB)