Chemistry Honors – Classes 53 / 54 / 55
- Period B: Wednesday, May 6th & Friday, May 8th
- Period D: Thursday, May 7th & Friday, May 8th
- Period G: Thursday, May 7th & Monday, May 11th
Exam – Ch. 10
- Monday, May 11th (B & D)
- Tuesday, May 12th (G)
- Sections 10.1, 10.8, 10.9 (textbook)
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Practice: Ch. 10 (20, 21, 35 – 42, 96, 103)
- Physical Properties v Intermolecular Forces (chart at the top)
- Heating Curve (first chart below)
- Dependency of Vapor Pressure on Temperature (second chart below)
- Definition of Boiling (vs Evaporation)
- Phase Diagrams (bottom chart below)
CHART 1 – HEATING CURVE
- Why are the horizontal lines different lengths?
- Why are the slopes of the lines different?
- What are the energy changes in each segment?
CHART 2 – VAPOR PRESSURE
- What is vapor pressure and why does it change with temperature?
- How do I find the boiling point of a substance using this graph?
CHART 3 – PHASE DIGRAM
- How can I make water go from solid to liquid?
- How does this graph relate to the heating curve?