Chemistry Honors – Class 25
- Period A – Monday, March 3rd
- Periods C, D – Tuesday, March 4th
- What values did you find?
- What challenges did you face?
- How would you improve the process?
- Enthalpy (H)
- energy content of a substance
- reactions produce energy changes when going from one form to another
- Example with Peanut
- Exothermic vs Endothermic
- how to express this
- C2H5OH + 3O2 –> 2CO2 + 3H2O (DH = 1,300 kJ/mole)
- How many joules of heat released when 100.0 grams burned?
- What would the DT be for 250 grams of water? in a bomb calorimeter?