AP Chemistry: Class 45 & 46
Can you explain this?
Period E – Monday, December 2nd
Big Questions – Gas Laws Terms and Ideas (for Test on Thursday)
- Pressure, temperature, volume – micro vs macro ideas
- Avogadro’s hypothesis – SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT! (Chi)
- Gas law relationships – working all of the angles from just PV=nRT
- Gas stoichiometry – Moles, baby! Moles!
- Molar mass of a gas from density – does identity matter?
- Kinetic Molecular Theory – graphs and collisions
- Temperature and KE of gas particles – what’s up with that?
- Non-ideality of gases – when does PV=nRT not apply and why? (really)
- Practice problems have been uploaded to the shared documents folder
- In this folder are eight (8) AP problems
- Solutions to these are found on the AP Exam website
- Your exam will include up to three of these problems (or very similar)
- There will be no multiple choice questions on the exam
- Final formal lab report due: Monday, December 9th
- Gas Laws Test: Thursday, December 5th