Chemistry – Class 7
Period B – Monday, September 9th
Review Homework & Extend
- How do I show my work?
- Why are units important?
- How do I convert from one unit to another?
- Practice, Practice, Practice
Test Objectives for Tomorrow
- What are the steps of the scientific method?
- What makes an experiment a controlled experiment?
- How can I identify the independent and dependent variables in an experiment?
- How do I show work when doing math in this class?
- How do I convert between units in the SI system?
- How do I write numbers in scientific notation?
- How do I convert between density units?
Homework & Test Notes
- Study for the test
- There are three questions on the test (with multiple parts)
- experimental design
- complex conversion
- You can write anything on one side of a sheet of paper to bring to class (cheat sheet)
- You will use a pencil and a classroom calculator for the test
- The test is designed for 30 minutes and not the whole class.
- The problems will look exactly like what we have done in class.
- Homework to be collected Wednesday
- 78 (abc), 79 (abc), 80 – 84 (all)
- CSS students must drop off that day