AP Chemistry – Class 43
- Periods E/F – Thursday, November 29th
- Configuration HW Questions?
- Q: What is highest energy available to an electron in hydrogen atom?
BIG QUESTION: How does the periodic table show relationships between atoms and properties?
- Ionization Energy = energy required to remove outermost electron from atom
- Atomic Radius = average distance from nucleus to outermost electron
- Electron Affinity = (-) energy change when an electron is accepted by an atom
- How does each of these properties trend on the periodic table?
- Use electron configurations and knowledge of atoms to explain
- Class recap of conclusions
- We will work in class on a project to be presented during the week of December 10th
- Ch. 8 Notes due Monday (PDF in Dropbox)
- Ch. 8 Video Notes due Monday (PDF in Dropbox)