AP Chemistry – Class 41
- Period E – Monday, November 26th
- Period F – Tuesday, November 27th
BIG QUESTION: What evidence do we have for quantization of electron levels?
- Tubes vs. Outside Light
- Observations of both?
- Compare / Contrast
- Light results from re-emission from higher to lower levels
- Only certain energies allowed
- If each elements has unique set of levels then unique set of lines
ACTIVITY – HYDROGEN SPECTRUM (Lab Notebook)
- Given the energies of the first seven energy levels of hydrogen
- What are all allowed energies?
- What are wavelengths of each?
- Which are visible?
- Summarize in a table
- NOTE: instructions posted in course documents (lab folder)
- Wednesday, November 28th @ 7:00
- 45 minutes
- 3 Questions – same topics
- I will average the scores
- Practice problems from chapter
- Look at solution online
- Finish Lab Activity (directions on the lab handout)
- NOTE – must do in lab notebook