AP Chemistry – Class 40
- Periods E/F – Tuesday, November 20th
BIG QUESTION: how are the electrons in an atom identified?
- write down your identifying information
- address, phone, school, height
- Could you be found based solely on this information?
- 4 Quantum Numbers (n, L, mL, ms)
- Each has allowed values
- n = integers starting @ zero
- L = integers from 0 to (n-1)
- mL = integers between +L and -L
- ms = +1/2 or -1/2
- write the 4 quantum numbers for electrons that have n = 0 through n = 3
- what do you notice about the combinations?
- Wednesday, November 28th @ 7:00
- 45 minutes
- 3 Questions – same topics
- I will average the scores
- Practice problems from chapter
- Look at solution online
- Ch. 7 Notes (due after Thanksgiving Break)
- Quantum Theory Videos Notes (Cross-reference Page)
- Reminder – all notes typed and placed in Dropbox as PDF
- Reminder – notes on big ideas and terms, not every formula