AP Chemistry – Exam Thoughts – Class 38
Question 1 – Calorimetry
- What is the experimental basis for calorimetry?
- How do I determine the change in enthalpy of a process?
- What are the key concepts associated with calorimetry?
- How do I calculate the ΔH of a process using a calorimeter?
Question 2 – Hess’s Law
- How does Hess’s Law help me determine the heat of a reaction?
- What is a formation reaction?
- How do I use heats of formation to determine the heat of a reaction?
- What is the relationship between heats of formation and Hess’s Law?
Question 3 – First Law of Thermodynamics
- What information does a P-V graph provide?
- What units does the graph use? How do they relate to energy?
- How do I determine the work of a process using this graph?
- What are the types of thermodynamic processes where one quantity is held constant?
Best of luck to everyone… I will see you Friday morning!