AP Chemistry – Class 18
Lab 3 – Acid/Base Titration
- Periods E & F – Thursday, October 4th
- You will be counting drops of solution as the X-axis and measuring pH on the Y-axis of your graph.
- You should complete a full titration curve so that you can see the inflection point.
- The end point (equivalence point) is NOT NECESSARILY at a pH of 7, rather it is at the inflection point of the generated graph.
- Find the volume (drops) at the inflection point by counting drops until then and then converting drops to volume.
- Suggested data: initial and final volumes of both solutions, drops to equivalence point
- Multiple trials are possible and expected
- Complete lab calculations by next class (in LNB)