AP Chemistry – Lab 08 – Atomic Spectra
The goal of this lab is to examine the spectra of different elements and determine the identity of an unknown substance
- using the spectrometer, record the spectrum for each element
- be as careful as possible in identifying prominent lines in each spectrum
- do the same for the unknown substance
- compare the known elements to the known spectra (online in many locations – example)
- Then, determine the identity of the unknown element.
- write results in the LNB and post summary of findings on Tumblr