Physics Honors – Lab 02: Acceleration vs. Angle
- The purpose of this lab is to investigate the relationship between the angle of the motion track and the acceleration of the motion car
- Using the set-up in class push the car so that it travels up the ramp and back down to its original spot.
- Record the full motion experiment using the GLX device
- Make sure the sampling rate for the data collection is set at 50/sec or above
- After each run, determine the acceleration of the cart using the data analysis tools
- Complete as many runs as possible, recording the angle and acceleration each time
- Be sure and focus on the data for each run and not the “noise”
- positioning of the motion sensor
- data sampling rate
- move & scale
- selecting data for analysis
- linear fit tool
- What is the best way to determine if a relationship exists between two variables?
- How do you know what data should be examined and what data should be ignored?
- What is the best way to record the information during the lab?
- What is the best way to report the lab results?