EDU4113 – G – Surveys & Data Collection
Create a survey using SurveyMonkey to collect information
- Create an account on SurveyMonkey (if you do not already have one)
- Select the option to create a new survey.
- You will only have two questions in your survey: all of the ratings will fit into the first question and the open-ended feedback will be the second question.
- For the first question (+Add Question) choose the “Rating Scale” type.
- In the upper box, type “Please evaluate my project.”
- In the second box, copy and paste the questions from the final project rubric.
- Then add appropriate labels for the four column ratings (ex: Poor, Average, Good, Great) before saving this question.
- The second question is an “Comment/Essay Box” question where you will ask readers to give you extra feedback.
- Once you have created the survey you will click on the “Collect Responses” tab
- generate the link that you can use for your blog
- Note: after the survey has been used to collect information, you will use the “Analyze Results” tab to see what others have submitted.
- Finally, create a blog post that includes a word linked to your survey. Be sure and comment on the usefulness of using a survey tool in your classroom, including a brief reflection on the ISTE Standardand how surveys are a part of this
- Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S.
Submission – Blog Post [Title of Blog Post: Surveys & Data Collection] with accompanying description