Create a grade book spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel. Requirements for Grade Book:
- Three (3) student information columns (Last Name, First Name, Student ID) for at least 10 students (real or fictitious)
- Two grade categories with three or more assignments in each category
- Subtotals for each category – total points, percentages
- Total grade for each student in the class
- Average score for each assignment and category
- Use of the functions: CONCATENATION, SUM, AVERAGE
- Name your file using your first and last name with the word “gradebook” (i.e. colin-quinton-gradebook)
- Then, upload the file to Google Docs and share the spreadsheet to make it public.
- Create an entry in your blog about how a spreadsheet could be useful in your teaching as both a colleague and a teacher. Include a linked word to the posted gradebook. (do not embed – simply post the active link)
- In addition, explain how this tool addresses the ISTE teaching standard: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning.
- Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society
Submission – Blog Post [Title of Blog Post: Excel Gradebook] with accompanying description